The Enchanted Flute by Paper Monkey Theatre (Outdoor Puppetry Theatrical Programme for Children)
Join us for a specially commissioned outdoor puppetry theatrical programme for children at the playground!
The tranquillity of a Malay village on a tiny island was disrupted when a huge ship docked on their shores. On that very ship were some stowaways - rats! Who and what could save the village and villagers from these dreadful rats?
Be part of this stirring theatrical puppetry performance inspired by the Malay heritage and watch how the tale unravels through the nifty movements of Paper Monkey Theatre’s hand-crafted puppets with live music accompaniment by SA The Collective.
Besides the main performance, there will also be bundles of fun and laughter as families bond over a late afternoon of fringe activities including roving performances, parent-and-child hands-on craft activities, popcorn and balloons, as you witness the familiar playgrounds at Pasir Ris and West Coast Parks turn into unusual sites for pop-up performances! Remember to join us for these exciting pre-performance activities at 3pm and 5pm.
- 3pm-4pm: Pre-performance fringe activities
- 4pm-430pm: The Enchanted Flute performance
- 5pm-6pm: Pre-performance fringe activities
- 6pm-630pm: The Enchanted Flute performance
Things To Note:
- Your registration will only be confirmed upon receiving an email from NAC.
- This programme is suitable for families and will be conducted in English.
- Interested participants can choose to attend any of the 4 sessions available. Do note that Session #1 and #2 will take place at West Coast Park, while Session #3 and #4 will take place at Pasir Ris Park.
- Each session will last approximately 1.5 hours and participants are encouraged to bring along picnic mats, foldable chairs or groundsheets for their own seating comfort.
- In the event of bad weather, please note that this programme may be delayed or cancelled. Thank you for your understanding.
This programme is commissioned specially for Arts In Your Neighbourhood 2016.
About Arts in Your Neighbourhood
The Arts in Your Neighbourhood programme provides an enriching arts experience at one's doorstep. It is a series comprising interactive arts programmes by established artists and arts groups held at various spaces across the island.
Look out for a myriad of Dance, Music, Visual Arts and Theatre programmes, in addition to many other exciting programmes this November!
Arts for All is an initiative by National Arts Council to promote self-expression, creativity and bonding through the arts by bringing it to where people live, work and play.
Visit https://artsforall.sg/ayn for a full list of Arts in Your Neighbourhood activities from 10-27 November 2016.
About Paper Monkey Theatre
Paper Monkey Theatre Ltd prides itself with traditional Asian puppetry and quality theatre production. Helmed by established puppeteer and playwright Benjamin Ho since 2008, Paper Monkey Theatre has showcased notable children theatre productions and workshops, creating creative avenues where families can watch puppetry up-close and at the same time be enriched by elements of Asian culture and values.
SPECIALLY FOR NTUC MEMBERS - REDEEM A FREE PICNIC MAT!
The first 100 NTUC members to register and receive a confirmation email from us will get to redeem an exclusive Arts in Your Neighbourhood picnic mat. NTUC members are to present both confirmation email and membership card on event day for redemption.Terms and conditions apply!
Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
In compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, we are committed to safeguarding your personal data. Please be assured that your personal details will be kept in strictest confidence and stored securely for stipulated use only.
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM SGT
- West Coast Park, Pasir Ris Park
Session #1 | Sat 19 Nov 2016 | 3pm - 4.30pm | West Coast Park FULL Session #2 | Sat 19 Nov 2016 | 5pm - 6.30pm | West Coast Park FULL Session #3 | Sat 26 Nov 2016 | 3.00pm - 4.30pm | Pasir Ris Park FULL Session #1 | Sat 26 Nov 2016 | 5.00pm - 6.30pm | Pasir Ris Park FULL
- Venue Address
- West Coast Park (19 Nov) and Pasir Ris Park (26 Nov) Singapore
West Coast Park (Playground near Carpark 3) | Pasir Ris Park (Playground near Carpark E)